When it comes to eye make up, Smokey Eyes, are one of the easiest ways to create a beautiful, sexy, sophisticated look. It is easy to master this technique and achieve flawless results, as long as you know the application secrets.
What you will need:
- Eye Liner…Liquid or Pencil
- Eye Liner Brush
- Eye Shadow Brush
- Two or Three Different Shades of Eye Shadow
- Make sure to blend the colors together thoroughly.
- I have found that a light hue with a deep rich hue produces the best result.
- Prepare Your Eye: Apply primer to the top of your eyelids, and around your eyes, to create a base, for the eyeshadow. Allow the primer to dry completely before applying eyeshadow. The primer will help to prevent your makeup from running and will extend the makeup’s life.
- Outline Your Eyes: Using an eye pencil, line the top and bottom rims of your eye, getting as close to the lashes as possible. For smaller eyes, apply the liner beginning at the center of the lower eyelid. Note: Liquid eyeliner works great as well, just mark little dots along the lashes and follow with the liner.
- Blend: Using an eyeliner brush, blend the distinct line that was made with the eye pencil. You may need to use a little shadow to help soften the edges.
- Apply Lighter Shade: Using an eyeshadow brush, apply your lighter shade working it all the way from the eye lid to the eyebrow bone.
- Apply Medium Shade: You will want to apply the medium shade to only the whole eyelid. (if you are only using two shades, skip down to next step)
- Apply Dark Shade: Using an eyeshadow brush, apply the dark shade, starting at your lash line, working your way below the crease of your eye lid, then blend well. Blending properly is very important.
- Apply Mascara: This is the finishing touch and will help set the entire look. If you are going out some where special, you may want to consider getting false eyelashes, because they accent smokey eye’s wonderfully.
Remember, there are a million plus colors, that you can combine, to create a smokey eye effect. Be creative, have fun, pair up different colors and enjoy.
The Perfect Smokey Eyes
2 Comments Add Yours ↓
The upper is the most recent comment