Olive oil has become a very popular treatment for dry hair. It is loaded with essential enzymes and vitamins, and if used regularly, you will notice an incredible difference in your hairs shine, manageability, and overall health. Remember not all olive oils are the same, and the better the quality of the oil, the better the results. I always use cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil, but if this is not available look for virgin olive oil. Avoid products that are simply labeled “olive oil” or “pure olive oil”, because these have been chemically processed. The treatment process is simple and the benefits and rewarding.
Olive Oil Conditioning Treatment:
- Remove all the tangles from your hair using a comb and then began applying the oil to your hair. I recommend applying the oil to dry hair, water and oil don’t mix and will prevent the oil from completely coating each strand.
- Add little at a time, completely saturating your hair, but not dripping.
- Use a wide toothed comb to spread the olive oil from your roots to your ends.
- Then place your hair loosely on your head and cover with a plastic shower cap.
- Allow to set for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours depending on how dry your hair is.
- Then using a mild shampoo, apply directly over the oil before getting hair wet, wash out, you may need to shampoo a second time then finish with conditioner.
- Repeat this treatment once a week.
- Tip: Place a towel across your shoulders, the oil can get messy.
Check out more Hair Care Treatments & Tips.