Long hair is something that most women desire to have. Not only is it gorgeous but it softens the face and is very lady like. The issue is, women who have long hair, tend to style their hair the same, day after day. Most never realize how many different looks they can achieve if they just get a litter creative.
Here are a few of my favorite styles. They are very easy to create, add a playful twist and sass up your style.
- Shampoo, condition & towel dry
- Apply a detangler & heat protectant
- Blow dry and brush hair straight with a paddle of round brush
- Then, divide your hair into small 1/4″-1/2″ sections
- Start straightening your hair from the bottom of your head up
- Set your smooth style with a dab of straightening cream or gel
- Brush and detangle your hair thoroughly
- Part your hair slightly off to one side. For a romantic look, allow the part to be messy
- Gather all your hair to one side, and strating beneath your ear, braid your hair, stopping at your desired length
- Secure the end with a ribber band
- You can tug out shorter strands of hair of the bunch before braiding to soften the look and frame your face
Soft, cascading waves that are reminiscent of the beach are always a good choice.
- Shampoo, condition & towel dry hair
- Apply a texturizing lotion to damp hair
- Blow dry hair using a round brush
- Hold a 1″ curing iron vertically and wrap small sections of hair around the barrel. For a natural effect, use random sized sections
- Finish style with hairspray
Other Methods To Beach Wave Hair
If you have long hair with bangs, this is a nice way to wear your hair. Loose curls can easily dress up your style.
- Apply a heat protectant to dry hair
- Section your hair into two haves (left & right), each with a top and bottom half
- Use a 1-1/2 inch curling iron
- Curl large 2″ sections starting from the bottom and back and starting from 1″ up from the ends
- Alternate the direction you wrap the hair (role to the front, then the back)
- When you get to the front of sections curl away from your face
- Then curl the top sections around the crown and again, when you get to the front, curl away from your face
- Finish by running your finger gently through your hair to soften
- If you would like your bangs out of your your face, try to pull them straight back, twist and secure with a bobby pin, this looks nice with the loose curls or straight hair as well
Women with long hair look extremely beautiful with a loose fish tail braid. This is a stylish, fun, classy and classic look.
- Comb your hair and remove any tangles
- Use both of your hands to separate and divide your hair into two sections, starting at the top of your head all the way to the bottom.
- While separated, pull a thick strand of hair from the outside of the first section, and pull over itself, and add to the second section in opposite hand.
- Do the same for the other side. Pull a skinny strand of hair out from the outside of the second section, and add it to the first section.
- You can make it as loose or as tight as you would like
- Keep repeating the steps until you reach the end of your hair.
- Finish your fishtail braid by securing the eds with an elastic band and hairspray